Wednesday 28 September 2011

Thought for the day

Working from home is a double-edged sword. I love the unlimited access to tea, hygienic toilet facilities and the fridge, coupled with the most relaxed dress-code I've experienced in about 5 years (dressing gown and slippers look and feel great at 2pm!).

On the other hand, my home is crammed full of DISTRACTIONS which are making me feel completely counterproductive, and are therefore categorically EVIL. Unlimited access to the internet and Facebook is not good. Family don't understand that you're not on holiday and should be studying and so engage with you as if its a lazy Sunday afternoon.

In short: I need to stop using this blog as a distraction and get back to the reading list!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't work at home - just can't do it! Unless whatever I'm working on is due tomorrow :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling Caroline! I actually took myself out of the home comforts and down to my local library in the end. Got a lot of reading down (they had a copy of Gleick's "The Information" which I found a very insightful and interesting read). Hope to settle into a better study groove now we're firmly into the swing of things, and hopefully this weather will stop being too nice too (its lovely but its another distraction!)

    ReplyDelete